Protecting the environment and making responsible use of natural resources is important to Mercedes-Benz in all areas of our business. That is why we analyse and manage all business processes in terms of their environmental impact. The Daimler environmental guidelines are a binding standard for our actions. They are the objectives against which we measure our performance:
1. We address the environmental challenges of the future.
We are committed to meeting the environmental objectives we have set ourselves and are striving to optimise our manufacturing and products accordingly. All activities are monitored regularly and subject to a continuous process of improvement.
2. We strive to develop products which are highly responsible to the environment in their respective market segments.
Improving the environmental performance of our vehicles is a major point of emphasis in our research and development activities and covers the entire life cycle from considering recyclability in the design process and the use of renewable raw materials through to efficient drive systems.
3. We plan all stages of manufacturing to provide optimal environmental protection.
The main scope for action is in manufacturing, which is also a major responsibility. Particular emphasis is given to the use and continuing development of technologies which save energy and water, and which are characterised by minimal emission and waste levels.
4. We offer our customers ecologically oriented service and information.
We help you to use your Mercedes-Benz in a way that is as environmentally acceptable as possible. ECO driver training is available, which provides tips on adopting an economical driving style to reduce fuel consumption and CO2 emissions by up to 20%.
5. We endeavour to achieve exemplary environmental performance worldwide.
We manufacture and market our products worldwide, and also export our expertise in environmental protection beyond the boundaries of the business.
6. We provide our employees and the public with comprehensive information on environmental protection.
Transparency moves us forward. Fully informed employees are able to take specific steps to improve the way that the company protects the environment. Dialogue with the public creates momentum.
Read about our environmental guidelines in more detail: